How to Apply for a CISV Program
If your child may be interested in applying for a 2015 program, please let us know.
Complete Application: Please submit your application to the Program Chair (see program chair contact details below) as early as possible before the deadline of December 10th.
**No applications will be accepted after this date except in specific cases when openings still exist. Applications are considered complete only once ALL components have been received, including references.
What to do with Reference Forms
- Download the Reference Form for the specific program you are applying for.
- Fill in delegate’s name and check your program box.
- Give the two forms to the people who you’ve asked to write references.
- One from the child’s current teacher
- One from an adult who knows the child in a non-school setting (coach, youth leader, family friend, etc.)
- Provide the referee with an addressed and stamped envelope to mail directly to the contact listed on the form or have the teach email the form to the Program Chair specified for your program.
- Applicants must be the age specified by each program at least one day between 6/1 – 8/31, 2016.
- Junior Chapter participants must be 16 before travel.
- Spring Youth Meeting delegates must be age 16-18 one day between 3/1 – 5/31, 2016.
How participants are selected:
Selection is based on the applicant having a good understanding of the organization, positive references, an interview, and demonstrated willingness of the applicant’s family to volunteer for the chapter.
The Philadelphia Chapter of CISV is an entirely volunteer-driven organization and parent involvement is important to the running of the chapter.
Family interviews and adult background checks are required of Interchange families before final confirmation of acceptance.
Do you have general questions or questions about need-based partial scholarships?